Elizabeth Gaskell Cool & famous Quotes by
7 Quotes and sayings
Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell was born on September 29, 1810 in Chelsea, London.
* She was the daughter of a Unitarian minister and his wife.
* After her mother died, she was raised by her aunt in Knutsford, Cheshire.
* In 1832, she married William Gaskell, a Unitarian minister.
* They had six children, four of whom survived to adulthood.
* Gaskell began writing short stories in the 1840s.
* Her first novel, Mary Barton, was published in 1848.
* She went on to write several more novels, including Cranford, North and South, and Wives and Daughters.
* Gaskell died on November 12, 1865 at the age of 55.
I hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Page 1 from 1
Roy T. Bennett214
Ralph Waldo Emerson52