Oscar Wilde Cool & famous Quotes by
65 Quotes and sayings
Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde was an Irish poet and playwright.
* He was born in Dublin in 1854 and died in Paris in 1900.
* He is best known for his epigrams and plays, such as The Importance of Being Earnest and The Picture of Dorian Gray.
* He was a leading figure in the Aesthetic movement, which advocated art for art's sake.
* He was imprisoned for two years for homosexual offenses in 1895.
* After his release, he lived in exile in France.
* He died of meningitis in 1900.
* He is considered one of the most important figures in English literature.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
A man who does not think for himself does not think at all.
Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other.
Page 1 from 3
Roy T. Bennett214
Ralph Waldo Emerson52