Lao Tzu Cool & famous Quotes by
22 Quotes and sayings
Lao Tzu was a Chinese philosopher who lived in the 6th century BC. He is considered the founder of Taoism, one of the major religions of China. Lao Tzu is best known for his book, the Tao Te Ching, which is a collection of philosophical teachings. The Tao Te Ching is one of the most influential books in Chinese history, and it has been translated into many languages. Lao Tzu's teachings have had a profound impact on Chinese culture, and they continue to be studied and practiced by people all over the world.
Here are some additional details about Lao Tzu's life:
* He was born in the state of Chu, in what is now eastern China.
* He served as an archivist at the Zhou court.
* He met Confucius on one occasion.
* He wrote the Tao Te Ching in a single session.
* He retired to the western wilderness, where he is said to have lived for 999 years.
* His teachings have had a profound impact on Chinese culture and society.
Lao Tzu is a complex and enigmatic figure, and his life and teachings are still being studied and debated today. However, there is no doubt that he was one of the most influential thinkers in Chinese history, and his ideas continue to resonate with people all over the world.
Page 1 from 1
Roy T. Bennett214
Ralph Waldo Emerson52