Stendhal Cool & famous Quotes by
4 Quotes and sayings
Stendhal was born Henri Beyle on January 23, 1783, in Grenoble, France.
* He was a French novelist, essayist, and travel writer.
* His most famous works include Le Rouge et le Noir (1830) and La Chartreuse de Parme (1839).
* He was a master of psychological realism and is considered one of the greatest French novelists of the 19th century.
* He died on March 23, 1842, in Paris, France.
Here are some additional details about Stendhal's life and work:
* He was born into a middle-class family and studied law at the University of Grenoble.
* He served in the French army during the Napoleonic Wars and was stationed in Italy.
* He was a keen observer of human nature and his novels are full of vivid characters and memorable scenes.
* He was also a prolific writer of essays and travelogues.
* His work has been translated into many languages and he is considered one of the most important figures in French literature.
Page 1 from 1
Roy T. Bennett214
Ralph Waldo Emerson52