Leonardo da Vinci Cool & famous Quotes by
11 Quotes and sayings
Leonardo da Vinci was an Italian polymath of the High Renaissance who was active as a painter, draughtsman, engineer, scientist, theorist, sculptor, and architect.
* He is best known for his paintings, including the Mona Lisa and the Last Supper, and his notebooks, in which he made drawings and notes on a variety of subjects, including anatomy, astronomy, botany, cartography, painting, and paleontology.
* Da Vinci was born in Vinci, Italy, in 1452. He was apprenticed to Andrea del Verrocchio, a sculptor, painter, and architect.
* In 1482, da Vinci moved to Milan, where he worked for the Duke of Milan. He painted the Last Supper in the refectory of the Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan.
* In 1516, da Vinci moved to France, where he worked for King Francis I. He died in Amboise, France, in 1519.
* Da Vinci is considered one of the greatest geniuses of all time. He was a master of many disciplines and his work has had a profound influence on art, science, and engineering.
A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.
Make your work to be in keeping with your purpose
Page 1 from 1
Roy T. Bennett214
Ralph Waldo Emerson52