John Russell Cool & famous Quotes by
1 Quotes and sayings
John Russell was born in London in 1792.
* He was the third son of the 6th Duke of Bedford.
* He was educated at Eton College and the University of Edinburgh.
* He entered politics in 1813 and was elected to Parliament in 1818.
* He was a leading figure in the campaign for parliamentary reform and was instrumental in the passage of the Great Reform Act of 1832.
* He served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom twice, from 1846 to 1852 and from 1865 to 1866.
* He died in 1878 at the age of 85.
John Russell was a major figure in British politics in the 19th century. He was a leading advocate of parliamentary reform and played a key role in the passage of the Great Reform Act of 1832, which extended the franchise to millions of British men. He also served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom twice, from 1846 to 1852 and from 1865 to 1866.
Roy T. Bennett214
Ralph Waldo Emerson52