John Milton Cool & famous Quotes by
8 Quotes and sayings
John Milton was an English poet, pamphleteer, and historian.
He was born in London in 1608 and died in 1674.
He is best known for his epic poem Paradise Lost,
Which tells the story of the fall of man.
Milton was also a staunch defender of freedom of speech,
And his work has had a profound impact on Western culture.
He is considered one of the greatest English poets of all time.
Here are some additional details about Milton's life and work:
* He was educated at St. Paul's School and Christ's College, Cambridge.
* He was a prolific writer, and his works include poetry, prose, and translations.
* He was a strong supporter of the English Revolution, and he served as a secretary for foreign tongues under Oliver Cromwell.
* He was blind for the last 25 years of his life.
* His work has been translated into many languages and has been adapted into numerous films and television shows.
Milton is considered one of the most important figures in English literature. His work is still studied and admired today, and it continues to influence writers and thinkers around the world.
Page 1 from 1
Roy T. Bennett214
Ralph Waldo Emerson52